Saturday, January 23, 2010

Keep moving - leaving Gottingen


Having a least 5 hours of training per day, listening to german without understanding a word, sleeping in a sleeping bag at the Butoh Centre, begging for the germans in the workshop not to open the doors and windows too much for the (freezing) 'fresh air', writing on my blog, long hours talking and getting to know amazing people: german, turkish, french, czech, japanese, finnish etc - all that was the context of last week. I realized that Butoh despite its aesthetic principals, promotes a reunion of people who don't speak the same language, people who believe too much but are sick of religiousness, people who are generous, who share food and time, people who don't care if one day will perform in front of hundreds or not, people who respect the others' bodies, people who are eager to learn but also to share what they learnt; I could just qualify these people for hours. I dedicate this post to you, everyone who participated in the workshop. I see Butoh in everyone, in your quotidian daily lives, thank you!

Today I left Gottingen. 5 years ago I was introduced to Butoh by Tadashi Endo when he performed 'MA' in Fortaleza, and now I'm having this opportunity to let my body be introduced to it, reflect on it and produce knowledge for my performances, academic works and in every single attitude. I came to Butoh with a little sadness, and contrary to what people find in religions and medicines I haven't got better... But I learned to dance it, to dance my sorrows - it is not to heal, I don't want it to heal, it's to dance - as simple as it is. 'Dance, when you're feeling sad.' (Endo) Thank you too, Tadashi.

Thank you Hijikata, thank you Ohno.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consciousness change us

When i leaved göttingen feel the bound to the group like something happened with us together. it´s resonance me peacefull, lucky and rewarding. A reunion of the part of whole human beings. If we not the reflection of the whole univers? We all affected of BUTOH. The work all the days reflect us in ourself and to the group. We were respectful to each other. I learn from everyone. I like it when i can stay in a group and i have time to feel the energy which exist in the hall. We also talk unvisible together. Where we stand in room, how we stand in room and how we facilitate to respect all bodies in room. This is a conversation of our energy. We all give. Everyone of us is specific people. I am enriched. Thank you all und thank you Tadashi.
I walk through hall and suddenly i fall but its possible for me to rescue myself. Then i standing and slowly turn me to the left to look at your all. I am touched from your all. My cheek easily tremble with shame but i am trying to hide this from your all, that was my first thought. Then i said to me, i am here to experience and want to let go of my shame, so i breathe in and looked to your all wiht my shame. For me it was a great situation that i don´t fall to my old pattern. Only we can change us in the present in consciousness. I look to my fear. I cross the border for looking a tiggy. Hi hi hi hi... Thank you all. I wish you all the best. We will see you us again:-) Seda

whos.amung.us - visitor maps