Saturday, January 16, 2010

First impressions.

I arrived by mistake at Tadashi Endo’s home, I woke him up ringing the bell, he came to me with a sleepy face, asked me to wait in the living room where two cats and a poster of La Argentina of Kazuo Ohno were, and called a taxi for me to go to the right place – The Butoh Centre. After waiting in the living room he started talking about his last visit to Brazil and plans to go back there to perform and be involved in a film. Last year his film was nominated at the Berlin Festival, he lamented his filme (cherry blossoms) didn’t win anything, who won the big prize was the violent Brazilianfilm ‘Tropa de Elite’. First impressions now at the Butoh Centre, I guess I woke up the other participants too, they are from all over. I am jet lagged and tired, ready for my first day of workshop.

No comments:

whos.amung.us - visitor maps